The Story

A former sausage packing plant, built by the Deford sausage brothers. Briefly owned by Baltz Brothers in the early 1980s and returned to the Deford family in a court case that reached the attorney general's office- sounds like a juicy legal situation for the right legal researcher. Possibly run by a distributor of adult-oriented videos in the late 1980s, before falling into disrepair, neglect, and re-use as a squat for trainhoppers. Abandoned throughout the 1990s and aughts, the building was bought in 2012 by Jon Sewell.

 Sanborn Map 1951,p.207, showing the Meat-Cutting Sausage Plant behind the house at 507 Hagan , a street which was all residential then. Dotted line in the alley denotes edge of City Limits.  NB: The "meat cutting sausage building" at 507 is the only building that still remains.

Sanborn Map 1951,p.207, showing the Meat-Cutting Sausage Plant behind the house at 507 Hagan , a street which was all residential then. Dotted line in the alley denotes edge of City Limits.

NB: The "meat cutting sausage building" at 507 is the only building that still remains.

 

The building circa 2007. 

Its a little more refined these days.

 

Local Partners